Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday morning donuts and hot cocoa!

As we headed to Sunday School today, my littlest asked 'can we have donuts and hot cocoa when we get home?'  It made sense, really.  The snow was falling at our house and hello - it's COLD outside!  My response was 'sure, we'll make some when we get home.'

So, as I sat here whipping up our favorite donut holes and hot cocoa I knew I had to share this recipe!  If you go to this link:  http://www.pamelasproducts.com/recipe_frames.html you will find a recipe from the Pamela's Products website for donut holes!  Pamela's is another FAVORITE product of mine.  Don't bother buying it in the store, go to Amazon.com and buy it there!  You will save money and get it shipped for free!  I buy three 4 lb bags for $40 shipped...that's about $6 a bag cheaper than Whole Foods.

So, back to the donuts!  This morning I made two varieties - white frosted with sprinkles (homemade buttercream frosting I had left in the fridge from holiday baking) and mini chocolate chip.  We also love to toss them in cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar.  They are TASTY!

What else do I use Pamela's for???  Well - it's endless you'll notice the back of the bag has lots of different recipes.  It's really a baking mix...I use it mostly for donuts, pancakes and waffles.  I always make extras, freeze them and then they are ready and handy when we need a quick breakfast or snack treat.

So here's to a relaxing and cozy day with cocoa and donuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment